Did you have error on your printer? Something seems to be wrong with the printing position?
Here is the video tutorial on how you can self-test and calibrate the sensor on your TSC TPP 244 PRO Thermal Printer.
Click here for video guide in Printer's Self-test mode.
Click here for video guide in Printer's Sensor calibration.
Before proceeding, there are additional steps to avoid error message from the printer:
- Label -
When label finishes, an error will be prompted. If the setup for label length in the labeling software is incorrect (shorter or longer than actual label),
the error will be prompted with one beep. Make sure label is installed correctly. Else, perform sensor calibration.
- Ribbon -
Error maybe prompted due to issue with the ribbon. When ribbon finishes, an error will be prompted accompanied by two beeps to indicate that the ribbon needed to be changed.
If this is not the case, the ribbon may have been torn or there is a problem with the ribbon sensor.
Do make sure the ribbon ink is facing out and the ribbon core are installed correctly onto the mechanism.
- Label guide - If you have multiple size label, make sure to adjust the label guide every time you load the label.
The guide aligns the label to the centre so the printer prints the same position for subsequent labels.
If the guide is too loose or tight, the printing will misalign and prompts paper jam error.
Additionally, it goes without saying that the label sticker should be facing upward.
You should also make sure that the label width does not exceed the maximum capacity of 108mm (4.25").
If you have wider label, you may opt from our variety of printer model to suit for application.
- Ribbon ink facing out - When you are loading the ribbon, make sure the ink are on the outside.
You may have some leftover barcode ribbon lying around. You think that it would be wise not to waste. However, not all barcode ribbon ink wound the same.
Before loading the ribbon, make sure the ink are on the outside. A good way to test it is to paste a sticker to the ink surface.
You are able to identify which surface the ink is coated based on where the black ink sticks to.
- Software update - Do make sure you have the correct software version and latest driver for the printer. The latest software will ensure the printer perform efficiently and increase its longevity.
It also makes sure the printer works with your PC's specifications.
The popular TTP-244 Pro thermal transfer desktop printer offers a powerful processor, generous memory, internal scalable fonts and the world’s most popular barcode printer language emulations in one small package. It comes with specifications as below:
- Printhead : Flat Type
- Method : Direct thermal / Thermal Transfer
- Print Width : 108 mm (4.25")
- Max. print length 2,286 mm (90")
- Max. Print Speed : 127 mm (5")/second
- Resolution : 8 dots/mm (203 DPI)
- Options : External roll mount
For more information, contact us now!